December 5, 2017
The Gateway Skating Club is seeking a bookkeeper to support our growing club. Established in 1964 Gateway operates primarily on the south side of Edmonton with over 1,000 members from learn to skate through to competitive programs. Additional information about our club can be found at www.gatewayskatingclub.org.
Reporting to the Treasurer, the bookkeeper will be responsible for full cycle accounting activities including:
- Preparation of cheques based on approved input
documents such as coaching invoices, approved City of Edmonton ice contracts,
Skate Canada invoices and other items required to run the Club and providing
them to the Club’s approved signing authorities for signature
- Reconciliation of revenues from the Club’s
online registration management systems (Uplifter) to automated bank deposits
- Making Bank deposits as directed
- Recording transactions in the Club’s financial
system (Simply Accounting)
- Completing bank reconciliations for approval by
- Preparing basic monthly financial statements and
reviewing them with the Treasurer
- Supporting the Treasurer and Casino Chair in
completing Gaming Reports as required from time to time
- Assist the Treasurer in preparing yearend
financial statements for presentation to the membership at the Club’s Annual
- Other duties as assigned and mutually agreed
The position requires approximately 20 hours per month, with peaks in August/September and around year end March/April.
Ideally the successful candidate would be familiar with non for profit organizations and their unique requirements. Familiarity with Skate Canada and figure skating would also be beneficial.
This is a contract position with terms and conditions to be established based on qualifications of the contractor. Please send resume in confidence to Brandee Coats, President at email@example.com.