PROGRAM ASSISTANT (PA)
Program Assistants are very important to the success of our Recreational Learn To Skate Programs including Pre-CanSkate and CanSkate. PA's work alongside Gateway Certified Coaches to deliver quality Programs, as mandated by Skate Canada. PAs can be seen wearing silver club vests on our recreational sessions.
Program Assistant Requirements
- Must be at least 11-12 years old
- Have completed Preliminary FreeSkate or STAR 3 FreeSkate
- Completed PA Training (held in the Fall)
Qualities of a PA
- Helping nature
- Positive attitude
Benefits of being a PA
- Gives you the opportunity to share your passion for skating and help beginners learn
- Great opportunity to earn volunteer hours for school
- Learn useful skills to put on your resume when applying for a job
- Develop leadership skills
- Earn member credits
Program Assistant Code of Conduct
Representing Gateway Skating Club (GSC), Program Assistants are required to display the highest level of professionalism. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Act as ambassadors for the GSC.
- Be a positive role model for newer members.
- Be ready and dressed before the assigned session start time.
- Put the needs of the Pre-CanSkaters and CanSkaters first and follow the direction of the professional coaches.
- Always be on time and ready to assist when the session begins.
- Stay with their assigned groups and encourage the continuous movement of the skater.
- Inform the program coordinator and find a trained replacement if you are unable to attend an assigned session.