WELCOME to Gateway Skating Club!
We are proud members of Skate Canada and have been operating in the Edmonton area since 1964. We offer recreational learn to skate programs through to competitive figure skating. Our professionally trained and certified NCCP coaches support all our skaters in reaching their full potential at every level.
LIKE & FOLLOW
MEMBER QUICK LINKS
Want to know whats going on @GSC? We post our most important updates on our social media accounts!
Gateway offers skating programs throughout the year, with our regular season beginning in September and running until May, as well as Spring and Summer sessions. Programs remain open for registration after the start date and are pro-rated.
CHECK OUT OUR LEARN TO SKATE PROGRAM VIDEO
In need of Financial Assistance? Find out about The Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
- No Skating on the following days: Sunday October 7 or Monday October 8 (Thanksgiving), Sunday November 11 (Remembrance Day), Monday February 18 (Family Day)
- Oct Simulations for Sectional skaters October 20 1:00 - 2:00 PM
- Nov Simulations for Star Skate skaters (TBD)
- Oct/Nov/Dec High and Low testing. DATES TBD
- Dec 3-8 Last week of REC classes (except Sundays run to Dec. 16th)
- Dec 11 and 14 Last morning ice of 2018 (Tuesday and Friday)
- Dec 15 – Jan 5 Christmas Break for Off-Ice
- Dec 28, 29 & Jan 2-4 Private Lesson Christmas Break Ice (Pre-Registered)
- Sat Jan 5 Private Lessons begin after Christmas Break
- Mon Jan 7 All REC programs begin. PA’s mark your calendars.
- January 18th Morning ice only, No afternoon/evening sessions, No Rec programs this evening
- January 20th Rec programs only on this day, NO private lesson or Jr. Academy
- February 1-3 Wainwright competition
- February 8-10 Rocky Mt House competition
- February 9-10 Silver Skate performance
- February 15-17 Calgary Invitational competition
- February 18th FAMILY DAY - NO SKATING
- February 23- March 3 Canada Winter Games - Red Deer
- March 9th Gateway Challenge
- March 15th Modified skating schedule for this day - Ice 5:15-7:15 only - last morning session
- March 17th Jr.Academy and rec. skating only - NO private lesson ice this day
- March 21 Last day of skating for spring break!!
- March 22-31 Spring Break
- Mar 25-29 GSC Spring Break Camp – dates/Times TBD
- April 1 Back on the Ice
- April 2 Ice is at Millwoods Arena
- April 4-7 No Skating
- April 19-21 Sunsational Competition Edmonton
- April 21 No Skating
- April 26 No Skating
- April 28 No Skating
- May 1-9 Ice Show Rehearsals
- May 10 Ice Show
- June 7 AGM
OFFICE MAILING ADDRESS
Edmonton, AB T6K 4C2