Skater Code of Conduct
* It is very important that all skaters are aware of the rules and follow appropriate conduct.
- Each skater must act with due regard and consideration for others, both on the ice and off the ice.
- Skaters must watch and be aware of the skaters around them at all times
- The following order determines the right of way during Freeskate sessions.
- A skater whose music is being played
- A skater who is receiving a lesson
- Skaters who are practicing
- All skaters must get up quickly after falling unless injured, so as not to endanger other skaters on the ice.
- No food, gum, or candy is permitted on the ice. Only plastic water bottles containing water are permitted at the boards.
- All skaters are required to use the full ice surface and are not to congregate in one area. Keep moving.
- Appropriate skating attire is required for all skaters on the ice. Midriffs must be covered. No jeans or jeggings.
- Hair must be tied back.
- Punctuality is expected.
- Skaters must ask permission to leave the ice for any reason.
- Ice etiquette rules are in effect at all times. Failure to abide by the above rules may result in the offending skater being removed from the ice.
- All skaters must show respect to all coaches, skaters and volunteers at all times.